Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Principal For A Day

I was very excited to be Principal For A Day at National Teachers Academy today! Although Shandy couldn't participate (bummer), it was great to spend time at our partner school and learn more about the wonderful opportunities they create for the students.

It was obvious that a lot of thought and care went into today's program. Many thanks to (real) principal, Amy Rome, and Sarah Mayeda of NTA for a memorable experience. I especially enjoyed getting a tour of the school from eighth-graders, Natasha and Darryn. They were wonderful ambassadors for the school and I hope to see these bright stars again and hear which high schools they test into.

After spending the morning at their respective schools, all the PFAD's were invited to a luncheon at the Hilton Hotel. The photo here shows the ballroom dancers from Hamilton Elementary entertaining the crowd at the luncheon. If you look closely, on the right hand edge you can see Mayor Daley and celebrity PFAD, David Schwimmer.

Wish I had photos from the school to share but I was so caught up in the activities that I forgot to take pictures.

No comments: